Interview with Experts Series
Revolutionize your Retirement: Interviews with Experts to Help You Create a Fulfilling Second Half of Life
On the fourth Tuesday of each month, at 12:00 noon EST (which is 9:00 am PST and 11 am CST) I offer a free monthly call for all of you (and other people who may be interested.)
My goal is to bring experts to talk with you about “what’s next?” I’ll interview the experts for 45-50 minutes, followed by time for Q & A. You will be able to call in or access the call from your computer. More information will follow. It’s a free call, but you’ll need to sign up for the calls below.
If you are unable to make the call, go ahead and register. We will send out a recording to everyone who has registered.
- December 2017: No Interview —enjoy the holidays and join us again on January 23, 2018.
- January 23rd, 2018: Sara Zeff Geber: Retirement Transition Expert, Speaker, and Author. Her expertise is on Solo Agers–aging without Children or Grandchildren. Her new book will be available in early 2018.
- February 27, 2018: Kathleen Burns Kingsbury, Financial and Wealth Management Coach, speaker and author. Her focus will be on her newest book: Breaking Money Silence: How to Shatter Money Taboos, Talk more Openly about Finances and Live a Richer Life.
- March 27, 2018: TBA
- April 24, 2018: Gillian Leithman, Professor and writer, website: www.RewiretoRetire.
- May 22, 2018: Fred Mandell, Leadership Provocateur, Coach, Speaker, Artist and Author. One of his books is Becoming a Life Change Artist. His newest pursuit is founding and CEO of The Global Institute for the Arts and Leadership.
- June 26, 2018: TBA
- July 24, 2018: TBA
- August 28, 2018: TBA
- September 25, 2018: Louise Naylor, author of Poised for Retirement: Moving from Anxiety to Zen.
- October 23, 2018: Mark Freedman, Entrepreneur, Pioneer in the Aging Movement, Founder of Experience Corps, Civic Ventures and Encore.Org., Speaker, and Author. His books include The Big Shift: Navigating the New Stage Beyond Midlife; Encore: Finding Work that Matters in the Second Half of Life; and Prime Time: How Baby Boomers Will Revolutionize Retirement and Transform America.
- November 27th, 2018: TBA
- December 2018: No Interview–Happy Holidays! We’ll see you again on Jan. 22, 2019.
This Month’s Program
What others are saying about the series:
“I’ve attended your retirement webinars since they began. You are gifted, thoughtful interviewer and perform a wonderful service for all of us bewildered boomers and those coming after us. Thank you for all you do and please keep it up.”
“I regularly attend Dori’s monthly Revolutionize your Retirement Interview with Expert’s Series. She invites interesting, articulate people to discuss their work, ideas, and/or books on all facets of living an engaged, fulfilled second half of life. She has a gift for asking good questions, engaging in dialogue with her guests, and then inviting comments and questions from her listeners. It is directed to professionals and the public and, as a professional, I almost always come away with new information and ideas, and glad I spent the time in his virtual community.”
~~Margaret (Meg) L. Newhouse, Ph.D.
Passion and Purpose LifeCrafting
“I so admire and appreciate the time, the devotion and the network you have created that bring so many inspiring people to your work.”
~~Elizabeth Bell, Ph.D., Consultant and Coach
Founder, Elder Wisdom Initiative
Our previous guests have included:
- Kendall Dudley — Travel as a Mirror and a Map
- Alan O’Hare — Honoring the Art of Our Lives
- Carleen MacKay — Working in Wonderland, Part 1
- Keith Lawrence and Alan Spector — Your Retirement Quest
- Bob Weber — Exploring Spiritual Opportunities in the Second Half of Life
- Kerry Hannon — Strategies for 50+ Job Hunters
- Andrea Gallagher, Mary Radu, Bruce Frankel and Natalie Eldridge — Live Smart After 50!
- Viki Kind — Getting Caregivers to Accept Help
- Marci Alboher — How to Make a Living and Make a Difference in the Second Half of Life
- Bruce Frankel — What Should I Do With the Rest of My Life? and How Dance Can Protect Your Brain
- Lynne and Josh Berrett — Music for an Ageless Mind
- Betsy Werley — The Caring Collaborative
- Jan Hively and Moira Allan — “We are the Ones” — Pass It On!
- Renée Rosenberg — Achieving the Good Life After 50: Tools and Resources for Making it Happen
- Ruth Nemzoff — Don’t Bite Your Tongue and Don’t Roll Your Eyes: Find Ways to Get Along with Adult Children and In-Laws
- Andrea Gallagher — What Do You Know About The Cards You’ve Been Dealt?
- Jan Cullinane — Think We Know How We Think? Think Again!
- Abigail Trafford — New Road-No Rules for Work, Love and Play in the Bonus Decades
- Julie Shifman — Imagine. Then Do It!
- Sallie Felton — Why We Get In Our Own Way Dealing With the 3 Types of Clutter
- Sara Zeff Geber — Fifty-Plus, Minus Kids: The Unique Challenges of “Solo Agers”
- Holly Thomas — Financial Lifestyle Planning
- Kerry Hannon — What’s Next? Meaningful Midlife Job Transitions
- Vic Strecher — On Purpose: Lessons in Healthy Retirement
- John Sorensen from The Conscious Elders Network and Ron Pevny from The Center for Conscious Eldering — The Conscious Eldering Approach
- Denise Archie — Your 5 Keys to Juggling Success for Boomers and Beyond
- Dr Karl Singer — How to Maximize Your Health in the Fourth and Fifth Age
- Dr. Elizabeth Fideler — Deciding Not to Retire or to Un-Retire
- Douglas Goldstein — What Investors Don’t See That’s Ruining Their Portfolios, and What They Can Do to Fix It
- David Campbell — Creating, Funding, and Running a Volunteer Organization in Your Third Act
- Robert Laura — No Regrets Retirement Planning: An Empowering Look At Maximizing Retirement’s Opportunities
- Chris Farrell — Retiring to Unretirement
- Suzanne Braun Levine — Revinventing Your Life: Embracing the Second Half of Life
- Jay Goldfarb — Legacy of Wisdom – Making Wisdom a Central Theme of Aging
- Sue Levy — Make Healthy Eating Happen in 2015!
- Kim Porgieter — Planning For No Regrets
- Helen Dennis — Age & Retirement: Some Game Changers
- Alice Aspen March — It’s Never Too Late to Get the Kind of Attention You Need
- Robert Weber, Ph.D. and Carol Orsborn, Ph.D. — The Spirituality of Age
- Roger Landry — Live Long, Die Short: Authentic Health and Successful Aging
- Meg Newhouse. Ph.D. — Legacies of the Heart: Living a Life That Matters
- Mary Tyrrell — From Inception to Retirement: How I Help Elders to Record their Memoirs
- Bob Mauterstock — Passing the Torch: Critical Conversations with Your Adult Children
- Dr. Harry “Rick” Moody — Dreams for the Second Half of Life
- Greg Finch — The Art of Creative Caregiving
- Dr. Tom Kottke — Positive Health and Well-Being for You and Your Patients
- Dr. Bill Sadler — Adult Development IN Aging
- Viki Kind — Caregiving and New Tools to Help Caregivers
- Connie Goldman — Partnerships and Adjustments in Later Life
- Dana Steinova– Memory Training: Developing Confidence in Your Abilities
- Dr. George H. Schofield — The Many Faces of Retirement
- Mitch Anthony — The New Retirementality: Planning Your Life and Living Your Dreams…at Any Age You Want
- Jan Hively and Moira Allan – Digital Globetrotting with the Pass It On Network
- Louis Tenenbaum — Policy, Housing, and an Aging Society
- Dr. Carolyn Walter, The Retirement/Reinvention Years: Grief, Loss, and Transformation
- John C. Robinson, The Psychology, Spirituality, and Mysticism of Conscious Aging
- Barbara Shaiman, Living Your Legacy Now!
- Ashton Applewhite, This Chair Rocks: A Manifesto Against Ageism
- Jann Freed: How to Lead With Wisdom
- Cynthia R. Green: Welcome to the Brain Age: The Revolutionary New Science of Cognitive Health and What You Should Know About It
- Gregg Levoy, Vital Signs: The Nature and Nurture of Passion
- David Holland, Retirement Planning Essentials